11 Ideas for DIY Home Staging in South Florida!
11 Ideas for DIY Home Staging in South Florida!
1. Get free advice – “A no-cost—and no-brainer—way to get your home looking good and ready to sell? “ Get your REALTOR® involved,” says Realtor Bill Golden.
2. Don’t rent a storage unit – Experienced sellers all know the absolute cheapest way to spruce up a home for sale is the critical de-cluttering stage—”the most typical problem” of homeowners, as one staging pro puts it.
3. Slipcover old furniture – Design expert Sam Jernigan at Renaissance Design Consultations of Northern California previously worked at one of the top staging firms in San Francisco and developed a mini-staging service.
4. Grab just 1 quart of paint – You already know that most rooms should be painted in a neutral tone. But according to Jernigan, a quart of the right pop of color can play up key architectural features and costs only around $15.
5. Raise the roof, visually speaking – “Older homes with low 8-foot ceilings benefit from adding strong vertical lines to a room,” says Jernigan. Cut some wild foliage—like 6-foot branches—and place them in a narrow vase.
6. Bed-in-a-bag – If a bedroom needs updating, snag bed-in-a-bag bedding ensembles from a discount store (starting at as low as $8 at Target).
7. Quick bathroom face-lift – If a complete gut job isn’t in the cards for your outdated bathrooms, just paint existing cabinets, add new hardware, and finish with a cloth shower curtain. “Voila! This helps your old bath feel almost as good as new,” says Los Angeles–based interior designer Sarah Barnard of Sarah Barnard Design.
8. Pay attention to lighting – Show your home in its best light by purchasing good quality bulbs with appropriate wattage.
9. Hit thrift stores and yard sales – If you need to buy some pieces to stage your home, don’t break the bank unless you’re shopping for furniture you plan to keep. Instead, hit thrift stores and yard sales. Better yet, borrow pieces from friends or family.
10. Banish outdated décor – Zero in on yesteryear’s decor “such as silk flowers and outdated curtains,” says Colby Sambrotto, CEO and founder of US Realty.com. This includes updating one of the first things buyers see when they pull up: the house number.
11. Create homey vignettes – Stage for everyday living with bouquets of fresh flowers and bowls of fresh fruit. This kind of staging is basically free—”it means setting dining tables and creating small vignettes like a folded newspaper with a coffee cup on a tray by a chaise lounge,” says Jernigan. “These small touches spell home, especially our idealized version of home.”
REALTOR.com® also recommends, “There’s no simpler way to increase what people will pay for your home than to stage it carefully; do it like a pro.”
In order to make good use of Heidenry’s and REALTOR.com®’s advice make sure to contact your local Water Pointe Realty Group’s REALTOR®. We have a proven track record selling real estate throughout Palm Beach County and the Treasure Coast. We listen carefully to understand your needs and guide you through the entire process of selling your property from listing to sale.
Visit our Home Seller’s page to find out some great information about:
- Finding out how much your home is worth – Request a FREE Home Value Report
- Marketing your property – Get the Seller’s Marketing Advantage
- Getting advice from professionals – Meet with a REALTOR®
Hence we ask our readers, do you have any other tips or do you have a testimonial to share? Please post a comment on our blog. Considering the sale of your home? Get expert advice from our professional realtors, now!
We here at Water Pointe Realty Group just love to share interesting information, and to assist prospective new residents in discovering that being a Floridian is a unique lifestyle. We do our best to communicate with our past, present, and future clients from Stuart, Hobe Sound, Tequesta, and our Jupiter waterfront homeowners. Please make sure to visit our Home Sellers Marketing Plan page for some valuable information about the first steps to becoming a satisfied client with Water Pointe Realty Group.
Whether you own, or are interested in purchasing Jupiter Florida Real Estate, Stuart Florida Real Estate, or any South Florida Real Estate, Water Pointe Realty Group is here to assist. Our knowledgeable, professional, and personable staff is readily available via traditional communication methods as well as all social media networks. Become a fan of Water Pointe Realty Group on Facebook® today! Subscribe to our newsletter here. Our team of highly dedicated, real estate brokers, agents, and Realtors® are extensively skilled and always strive to offer you a real estate experience that will not only meet, but exceed your highest expectations. The Water Pointe Realty Group team knows St. Lucie, Martin, and Palm Beach counties like no one else; and can provide you with the resources to help you make informed and educated decisions. With a team approach, this group of real estate experts are sure to provide you with outstanding service. Your access to homes for sale in Jupiter, homes for sale in Stuart, and waterfront homes is really only a click away! Water Pointe Realty Group, representing the finest properties….from inlet to inlet.
Soon, you too, could say, #thisisthelife
Article by: Jeannie M. Ferrara