Secrets to a Happy South Florida Home
Science secrets to a happy home in South Florida!
Whether you are looking to make South Florida your permanent home, or are planning a seasonal residency, you might be interested in the recent article published on REALTOR.com® by Kimberly Dawn Neumann.
Neumann writes, “Home. The very word conjures up all sorts of warm and fuzzy feelings. But you’ve surely noticed that some people’s houses feel homier than others. They say you can’t put happiness in a bottle—and yet recent research reveals plenty of ways to boost joy based on where you buy, how you renovate, and a bunch of other factors you may never have considered.”
- “Secret No. 1: It doesn’t matter if you buy or rent. If you’re under the impression that homeowners are happier than renters, here’s a reality check: A study by the University of Pennsylvania found that both groups have about equal levels of emotional well-being.
- Secret No. 2: Long commutes are a mood killer. According to recent data from the Office for National Statistics, long commutes can chip away at our contentment levels. So how long is too long? If it’s less than 15 minutes you’re golden, but over 15, commuters get anxious.
- Secret No. 3: Paint your walls green or yellow. A study from Vrije University in Amsterdam found that yellow and green evoked the most feelings of happiness.
- Secret No. 4: Understand the true cost of clutter. Mess = stress. According to the UCLA Center on Everyday Lives and Families, a “higher density” of objects in the home raised female subjects’ levels of the stress hormone cortisol.
- Secret No. 5: Stop putting off renovations already. Have you been longing to redo your kitchen or overhaul your bathroom? Well, the longer you wait, the more it can mess with your peace of mind.
- Secret No. 6: Pay off as much as you can. It can take years to pay off a home, but those who do will be richly rewarded. According to the Halifax Happiest Home Report, people without mortgages have the happiest homes.
- Secret No. 7: Know your neighbors. The Halifax Happiest Home Report found that “relationships with neighbors” was crucial to a sense of well-being.”
Sound advice? Share your thoughts and experiences on our blog!
We here at Water Pointe Realty Group just love to share helpful and interesting information, and assist potential new residents discover that being a Floridian is a unique lifestyle. We are looking forward to communicating with our past, present, and future clients from Stuart, Hobe Sound, Tequesta, and Jupiter waterfront homeowners. Please make sure to visit our Home Buyers Services page to give you some great information about the first steps to becoming a client with Water Pointe Realty Group.
Whether you are interested in Jupiter Florida Real Estate, Stuart Florida Real Estate, or any South Florida Real Estate, Water Pointe Realty Group is here to assist. Our knowledgeable, professional, and personable staff is readily available via traditional communication methods as well as all social media networks. You may subscribe to our newsletter here. Become a Twitter®, Google+®, or Pinterest® follower and a fan on Facebook® as well as a YouTube® subscriber today! Our team of highly dedicated, real estate brokers, agents, and Realtors® are extensively skilled and always strive to offer you a real estate experience that will not only meet, but exceed your highest expectations.
The Water Pointe Realty Group team knows the Palm Beaches and Treasure Coast like no one else; and can provide you with the resources to help you make informed and educated decisions. With a team approach, this group of real estate experts is sure to provide you with outstanding service. Your access to homes for sale in Jupiter, homes for sale in Stuart, and waterfront homes is really only a click away! Water Pointe Realty Group, representing the finest properties….from inlet to inlet.
Soon, you too, could say, #thisisthelife
Article by: Jeannie M. Ferrara