Somethin’s Brewin’ in the Tropics: Are You Ready?
South Floridians, somethin’s brewin’ in the tropics….are you ready?
As the early 2015 hurricane season has been very quiet, South Floridians were afforded an opportunity to breathe a sigh of relief…however, now we have tropical activity. As reported at the close of last season, according to WPBF, 2014 was the 9th season without a major storm to come close to our unique corner of paradise, and some Floridians may have grown complacent.
South Florida coastal community homeowners and visitors alike have grown to appreciate the value of mapping tools and their growing accuracy in forecasting such as those provided by the National Hurricane Center.
Hurricane Season Preparedness Tips
Now is the time to prepare South Florida! We can appreciate that this is the perfect time to re-evaluate our family’s disaster preparedness, evacuation plan, and emergency kits. Taking stock of these items is vital, and provides families’ the opportunity to stock and store at leisure instead of under the pressure when a storm directly approaches. FEMA recommends:
Some items to consider for your emergency kit are, but not limited to:
- Water and non-perishable food, enough to support each member of the family for up to 72 hours/3 days.
- Battery operated radio and batteries so you can get important information from local officials, especially if there is a call for voluntary or mandatory evacuations. You will also want to know where there may be shelters.
- First aid kit
- Cash or traveler’s check and change
- Important documents such as proof of residence, pictures of your family including pets, insurance policies, bank account records, identification records and tax records in a waterproof, portable container
- Comfortable clothing for each family member with at least one change of clothes
- Blankets and/or sleeping bags for each family member
- Unique family needs such as prescription medications, extra glasses, pet supplies, infant supplies, or any other unique need your family may have
We do our best to communicate with our past, present, and future clients from Stuart, Hobe Sound, Tequesta, and our Jupiter waterfront homeowners. Please make sure to visit our Home Sellers Marketing Plan page for some valuable information about the first steps to becoming a satisfied client with Water Pointe Realty Group.
Our knowledgeable, professional, and personable staff is readily available via traditional communication methods as well as all social media networks.
Become a fan of Water Pointe Realty Group on Facebook® today! Subscribe to our newsletter here. Our team of highly dedicated, real estate brokers, agents, and Realtors® are extensively skilled and always strive to offer you a real estate experience that will not only meet, but exceed your highest expectations.
The Water Pointe Realty Group team knows St. Lucie, Martin, and Palm Beach counties like no one else; and can provide you with the resources to help you make informed and educated decisions. With a team approach, this group of real estate experts are sure to provide you with outstanding service. Your access to homes for sale in Jupiter, homes for sale in Stuart, and waterfront homes is really only a click away! Water Pointe Realty Group, representing the finest properties….from inlet to inlet.
Soon, you too, could say, #thisisthelife
Article by: Jeannie M. Ferrara