2015 Holiday Boat Parades in South Florida
2015 Holiday Boat Parades in South Florida!
Whether you are looking to make South Florida your permanent home, or are planning a seasonal residency; during the holiday season, you will that South Floridians just love to celebrate one of our greatest resources….with a boat parade!
According to Florida By Water, “You can’t help but get in the spirit of things with lights gleaming off the cool ripples in the water and the holiday sounds coming from the lavishly decorated vessels.”
- Boca Raton Boat Parade – The 39th Annual Holiday Boat Parade will be held December 19th. Fireworks will be at viewing areas: Red Reef Park & Silver Palm Park. Boat Route: Intracoastal Waterway starting at the C-15 canal (Boca Raton-Delray Beach city limits) traveling south to Hillsboro Bridge.
- Boynton/Delray Holiday Boat Parade – The 44th Annual Holiday Boat Parade will be held, Friday, December 11th. This flotilla of brightly-decorated boats will line up at the Lantana Bridge near Old Key Lime House and motor south along the Intracoastal Waterway to the George Bush Bridge in Delray. The event at the Boynton Harbor Marina starts at 5:30 pm with live music from Route Bleu setting the stage for the parade to start at 7:00 pm. Other viewing areas are located at Intracoastal Park and along the parade route. Please bring a new, unwrapped toy for Toys for Tots®.
- Jupiter/Palm Beach – Jupiter Boat Parade and Celebration will be held Saturday, December 5th. The Marine Industries Association is the proud producer and sponsor of the annual parade and On the Water Toys for Tots Drive®. It is their premier “gift to the community.” It can only happen with the help of generous sponsors and the community. It is FREE for boat owners to enter, and there is $10,000 in cash and prizes awarded for different categories.
- Martin County – The Annual Martin County Christmas Boat Parade, will be hosted by Meridian Marina & Yacht Club on December 12th. The NEW ROUTE for the Parade ends at the Stuart City docks to live music by Grindstone at the Riverwalk Stage! Our 16’ Jumbotron will broadcast from the Judge’s Boat! Food & Drink provided by the Boathouse!
- Fort Pierce (St Lucie County) – Holiday Boat Parade, will be held, December 12th. The St. Lucie Christmas and Winter Holiday Boat Parade. Starting time: 6:30 pm at the Harbortown Marina and Taylor Creek. This marks the 25th Anniversary of the St. Lucie Christmas and Winter Holiday Boat Parade. All mariners are encouraged to decorate their vessels, large or small, and enjoy some good family fun for the holidays. The parade route ends at the Fort Pierce City Marina and The Original Tiki Bar at approximately 7:45 pm. New this year, is the Paddleboard and/or Kayak division of the boat parade. This event begins at 6:30 p.m. in the protected basin of the Fort Pierce City Marina, cruising past the docks and riverfront park area. Paddlers may compete individually or as a team. Prizes will be awarded for light effects, theme, creativity, and crew spirit.
Some folks have found our little corner of paradise to be heaven when it comes to kicking off the holiday season in or on the water. Our inland neighbors also flock to our coastal towns to view the holiday displays and are afforded the opportunity to get up close and personal with this exclusive-to-coastal-residents celebrations!
- Ensure that the lights on the boat are working
- Get there early and stay a little later to avoid the rush
- Make sure that your life jackets are readily available
- If you have a chart plotter, turn tracking on
- Avoid alcohol if you are the captain of the boat
Share your experiences and/or insights on our blog!
We here at Water Pointe Realty Group just love to share helpful and interesting information, and assist potential new residents discover that being a Floridian is a unique lifestyle. We are looking forward to communicating with our past, present, and future clients from Stuart, Hobe Sound, Tequesta, and Jupiter waterfront homeowners. Please make sure to visit our Home Buyers Services page to give you some great information about the first steps to becoming a client with Water Pointe Realty Group.
Whether you are interested in Jupiter Florida Real Estate, Stuart Florida Real Estate, or any South Florida Real Estate, Water Pointe Realty Group is here to assist. Our knowledgeable, professional, and personable staff is readily available via traditional communication methods as well as all social media networks. You may subscribe to our newsletter here. Become a Twitter®, Google+®, or Pinterest® follower and a fan on Facebook® as well as a YouTube® subscriber today! Our team of highly dedicated, real estate brokers, agents, and Realtors® are extensively skilled and always strive to offer you a real estate experience that will not only meet, but exceed your highest expectations.
The Water Pointe Realty Group team knows the Palm Beaches and Treasure Coast like no one else; and can provide you with the resources to help you make informed and educated decisions. With a team approach, this group of real estate experts is sure to provide you with outstanding service. Your access to homes for sale in Jupiter, homes for sale in Stuart, and waterfront homes is really only a click away! Water Pointe Realty Group, representing the finest properties….from inlet to inlet.
Soon, you too, could say, #thisisthelife
Article by: Jeannie M. Ferrara